Uncle Hap

(a spirit experience–when I was @ 20 yrs old.  When I started receiving them
in a different way)

I was at home and woke up very early this morning which was unusual–usually my
1 1/2 yr old daughter was my alarm clock.  My husband was at work and my sister had
come for a visit and was asleep in the living room.

I woke up and could not sleep.  I was very restless and nervous and could not figure
out why.  So I got up and really didn’t know what to do with myself.  All the stores
were still closed–everyone was asleep.  But I still felt so nervous.  Then—I smelled
sweet flowers–not normal sweet flowers–but the sweet kind at a funeral home.  That was the only way I could describe it.  I knew I didn’t have any flowers around the house whatsoever–sweet or otherwise.  But I looked anyway.  Nothing.  Then the restless continued—would not stop.

I found myself looking through old drawers where I had stuffed odds and ends.  I had no clue as to what I was doing or why.  But I just went with it because I didn’t know what else to do.  Then I came across a little cardboard box which my favorite Uncle had given me a few years before.  I looked inside and saw all those little sea shells he had given me and remembered .  He had told me that he got them during WW2 on the beach of Japan.  Then I thought of the love I had for him and how nice it would be to go visit him again.  I put the box back.  And I actually seemed to feel better.

My sister was always the type who could sleep forever !   Her night life was always one of sleeping bliss—hugely different than my childhood.   Part of me wanted to just let her sleep but I was very bored and still a bit nervous.  And the sweet flower smell was coming and going at this point.  So I woke her up and told her the whole story.  She looked at me with the usual “what are you talking about now ?”  look.   She smelled no sweet flowers.

I gave up on the issue.  I just dropped it.  Something I had learned to do as a child.  The nervousness and smell was gone.  I was back to “normal” land.  We waited till the stores were open and my sweet little daughter was awake from her sleep—and then we all went to the grocery store.

It was an uneventful trip but would good bonding with my sister–which I always missed.  We came home and put the groceries up.  Then just a little while later—there was a knock on the door.  I peeked out and saw that it was a policeman.  That kind of freaked me but I couldn’t understand why he would be at my door.  I opened the door and he verified that I was who he was sent to.  And then he started to apologize for having to tell me that he was sent by family to let me know that my Uncle Hap had passed away early that morning.  At first,  I was numb–and thanked him for coming as he was leaving.

And then it hit me !  Oh my God—my favorite Uncle had come by to see me on his way out of this physical world.  He had given me clues;  the restlessness, the nervousness, the sweet funeral flowers and the sea shells he had given me and the love it brought back to my memory.  I hadn’t seen him but I knew it was him.  My sister agreed;  although she always thought I had some sort of “crazy bone”.  And could not relate to me in that way. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s